Eating healthy on the road can be difficult, but it’s important to have sustained energy all day while you’re driving. Check out these foods that are guaranteed to keep you going all day!
- Oatmeal: oatmeal is a slow burning carb, meaning it’ll keep you running all morning without causing a crash.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help ward off fatigue and make you feel alert. They also absorb up to 10 times their weight in water which helps speed up digestion (aka converts food into energy faster).
- Leafy Greens: Leafy greens boost energy levels because they are full of B Vitamins, which help the body covert food to energy.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint increases alertness and decreases fatigue. Replace your coffee with a cup of peppermint tea, or chew peppermint gum when you feel like you’re crashing.
- Water: Carry a reusable water bottle with you so that you can stay hydrated all day. Even mild dehydration can make you feel foggy, so load up on the liquids to make sure your body can function properly.