You are hereCommunity Information
FREE COMMUNITY DINNERS
- Rotary Club/Elks Lodge: Tuesday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Located in the Elks Lodge, 1321 Blue River Parkway, Silverthorne.
- Saint John the Baptist Ep[iscopal Church: Tuesday 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Located at 100 South French Street, Breckenridge. NOTE: These dinners are seasonal only. Call 970-453-4264 to check on dates.
- Father Dyer United Methodist Church: Sunday 6:00 p.m. Located at 310 Wellington Road, Breckenridge.
- SUMMIT COUNTY LIBRARY PRESCHOOL STORY TIME
Main Library Frisco: Weds 10:30AM - infants through preschoolers
North Branch Silverthorne: Tues 10:30AM - 3-5 year olds; Weds 10:30AM - 18 mo.-3 yr.
South Branch Breckenridge: Tues/Weds 11AM - preschoolers
Bilinqual (Spanish/English)- first Monday of each month at North Branch Silverthorne
- BRAIN INJURY SUPPORT GROUP - Meets Thursdays monthly at the St. Anthony Summit Medical Center - 1st Floor - Classrooms, 340 Peak One Dr., Frisco. Support for brain injury survivors, caregivers, family and friends. All are all welcome. For more info, call Kim Ramey at (970) 668-6978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COPING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS GRIEF SUPPORT - Bristlecone Health Services offers FREE private and group sessions to support those who are dealing with the death of a loved one. We want to help you through the maze of grief and accelerate emotional recovery. Please call (970) 668-5604 to make an appointment for a counseling session.
SUMMIT COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER
Cats & Dogs Currently Available for Adoption at Summit County Animal Shelter...
SUMMIT COUNTY FOOD BANKS
Family & Intercultural Resource Center (970) 262-3888
Tuesday & Thursday 12:30pm-2:30pm
Located at 103 Main Street, Dillon.
Dillon Community Church (970) 468-2461
Monday & Wednesday 4:30pm-5:30pm
Located at 371 E. La Bonte Street, Dillon.
Father Dyer United Methodist Church (970) 453-2250
Tuesday & Thursday 10am-12pm
Located at 310 Wellington Road, Breckenridge.
Church of Christ
Located at 1002 S. 7th Avenue, Frisco. (End of 7th St. @ Bike Path)
HELP IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY
Need help finding housing, food, child care, shelter, clothing? Dial 2-1-1 to find or give help in our community! 2-1-1 is a FREE phone call, linking you with trained specialists who are bilingual. This service is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. 2-1-1 is your connection to non-emergency Health and Human Services.
OTHER FOOD ASSISTANCE
Mountain Meals on Wheels - Nutritious, home-delivered meals to adults of any age who are homebound and unable to prepare meals due to health. Contact Mary Jane Hayhurst at (970)485-0641.
Dinner at Summit County Senior Center - MONDAYS @ 5:30PM, reservations required by 9AM the same day. Cost: $6.00 SCSC members; $8.00 non-members. Call (970) 668-2940 to reserve.
Lunches at Summit County Senior Center - TUESDAYS/THURSDAYS @ NOON, For seniors age 55+, fixed income. Reservations required 24 hours in advance, call (970) 668-2940. Cost based on a sliding scale $2.50 - $4.00.
FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
COLORADO BRIGHT BEGINNINGS
The Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC) provides Bright Beginnings visits to all parents of children 0-3. Visits give parents the tools, materials and information to help with your child's development through the most crucial years of their life. Call FIRC today for a free home visit: (970) 262-3888, or visit www.summitfirc.org.
SUMMIT YOUTH SERVICES CENTER (SYSC)
SYSC operates school based health centers at Summit Middle School, Summit High School and Dillon Valley and Silverthorne Elementary Schools. SYSC provides primary care, behavioral health care, reproductive care and oral health care and education to Summit School District students, staff and families. For more info, Contact Summit Middle School at (970) 368-1232, or Summit High School at (970) 368-1134, Dillon Valley Elementary (970) 368-1400, Silverthorne Elementary (970) 368-1600.
A non profit organization which builds character and self-esteem in youth through year round outdoor activities and the SOS curriculum. SOS integrates the five core values of Courage, Discipline, Integrity, Wisdom and Compassion. For more info, please call (970) 8926-9292, ext. 107, or visit www.sosoutreach.org.
LEGAL ADVICE CLINIC
Talk to a lawyer - free 15-minute consultations with volunteer attorneys on civil legal questions such as divorce and custody, landlord/tenant, debts and consumer problems. This service is provided to low-income residents of Summit County. Held the first Thursday of every month 6:30 PM at Lord of the Mountain Lutheran Church (corner of Highway 6 & Evergreen Road, Dillon). For more info, call 1-800-521-6968.
SUMMIT COUNTY ALERT NETWORK
Summit School District, in partnership with Summit County Government, offers parents an opportunity to receive e-mails/text messages about school weather delays and cancellations, other emergency information, as well as notices about school-wide meetings and special events. To register for this important FREE communication network, please visit Summit County Alert Network and click on "New User"
Summit County Mountain Mentors match local youth with responsible adult volunteers. The adults act as positive role models for the youth and serve as both a friend and an advocate. Adult volunteers who are at least 21 years of age, have a genuine interest in young people, and are willing to make a one-year commitment are encouraged to serve as Mountain Mentors for Summit County Youth. For more information, click on the MOUNTAIN MENTORS link in the orange band at the top of this page!